Thursday, October 1, 2009

I guess I'd better explain myself....

I'm Margo and I have a sweet tooth! Really, I love food and my expanding waist line proves it! I'm doing this mostly to be more healthy, I know that I will never be rail thin, but I also know that I can be healthier and in better shape. I'm a nurse and I work full time nights, double whammy! So finding the time to eat right and exercise is hard for me. Hopefully this little contest will get me motivated enough to continue on my own when all is said and done!
On that note here are a few little snacks that I have found that I absolutely love!

For Breakfast:
Yogurt Parfait
1 Kroger brand Carb smart yogurt
2 T Grape Nuts
2T Slivered Almonds
1C. Berries (your choice, I like blueberries and raspberries)
dash of cinnamon

Mix and enjoy, for something different freeze your berries and it turns it into frozen yogurt.

Another Snack:
1 Multi-Grain Wasa Cracker
1 Wedge Laughing Cow Light cheese
Spread cheese on cracker and top with your favorite veggies and 1 oz deli meat
(My favorite, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and turkey)

Good Luck to All!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy, I will for sure be making the yogurt parfait! Thanks for the idea. And I second the cheese and crackers idea, the light laughing cow cheese is only 35 calories in a wedge and so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips Margo. I now have a few more items to add to my shopping list :) Thanks for walking today, hope to do it again soon! Good luck on your double shift!

    ReplyDelete